Sunday, December 28, 2008

Like to go out to dinner for cheap like me? No cooking, yeah!

We went to eat at a Thai place called Ping Pongs. It was soooo good. Our bill $42 with tip. We paid $18 inlcuding the tip (for four people!). How did we do that? Well, I checked out that coupon site I mention in my last blog. This is what we did:
1. Go to http://www.thecouponmom.com/ and click on "Restaurants Coupons". It's the 3rd link on the left.
2. Click on "Save 80% on Restaurant.com certificates and get a free certificate!"
Right now the code is "CELEBRATE". It changes. This is your code to get your $25 off certificate for $2! If you buy 6 certificates ($12) you get one for free. They will e-mail you the info. for the free certificate. You have 12 months to use the certificates. You can only go to each restaurant once a month, but you have one year to use it.
It is such a cheap way to go out to eat. Our certificate was spend $35 you get $25 off. Then you have to pay for tip (and remember your $25 off only cost you $2!) The 80% off is only good until Dec. 31st so if I were you, purchase certificates now because you can use them within a year. You can purchase more then one certificate to a place. You just can only go once a month.
We gave gift certificates to people for Christmas. We would have been better off paying $2 for a $25 gift certificate and giving them the $10 to pay for the difference (because they have to psend $35). This would have cost us $12, but they could eat $35 worth of food versus us paying the $25 for a $25 certificate. I love saving money and eating out!!!!
3. Once you buy the certificate, you can print it out from your computer to your printer immediately and you have one year to use it.

4 comments:

i said...

i was wondering about that site....glad you had a good experience!

Ashley Mae said...

Wow, I got an email a while ago, and wondered if it was really true, and That's cool that it asctually works.I'll have to try it!!

Michelle said...

My sister gave me some of these that she bought for her clients. We love using the Dining Dough. Hope you had a nice Christmas!

Page said...

I'll have to try that! Who doesn't want to save some money?