Saturday, September 30, 2006

Update

K.C.'s Grandmother from his father's side passed away. It was a good thing. She has been deteriorating for about 1 year. She also missed her husband who passed away awhile ago. I am sure he was so happy to see her. Sometimes I don't know how people keep living everyday without believing there is an existence past this mortal life. At the hospital, there is a big difference between families that have some religious beliefs versus those that do not. The ones that do not just cry in agony if a death occurs. I believe losing a child is horrible, and I hope to never have to bury my children, but it is a wonderful feeling knowing that one day I will see them again. I would not know what I would do if teh hospital was the last time I would ever see my child. I don't think I would let me child go. Anyway this makes me sad, so I am going to stop talking about it.

Kobi and I have been working so hard in school. I am so proud of him. He is growing up to be such a big boy. He is 7 now!

Xayla is as cute as can be. She is starting to tell me "poo poo" if she pooped! How exciting! Almost 19 months old. That is pretty good considering Kobi NEVER told me when he pooped. :)

I have been thinking a lot about life lately. It is amazing how much your life changes after you have children. I used to work a lot or I was in school all the time. I feel guilty to say, but in Kobi's younger years, I really didn't KNOW what it was like to be a parent. I hear people say "Why do these people have children if they are not going to take care of them?" It is crazy to think of that, but if you never knew what it was like to spend A LOT of time with your children, you really have NO idea what you are missing. Since I have cut back my hours DRASTICALLY, and I predominately work at night, I get to spend A LOT of time with my children. It is funny how NOTHING matters now. I used to be so motivated about a career and fortune, but I can really care less. All I want is to spend as much time as I can with my kids each day. I want to take them to the park, to the museum, do little crafts at the house, carve pumpkins, clean together, teach them everything that I can, etc. There is no greater reward than raising your own children. I absolutely LOVE it. I can't even explain it to everyone, and some will not understand what I mean. I just can't wait until my only job is raising our kids. My time will come soon. In the mean time, we will do the best that we can. We have truly been blessed with a lot.
OK. I think I am tired and going off on a tangent. We are going out of town for several days next week to attend K.C.'s Grandmother's funeral.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It is so nice to be able to be home with my kids too. I'm glad that your happy. Sometimes I'm so ready for a break but then after an hour or so I miss them. I wouldn't trade this time for anything either.

Ryan said...

I KNOW exactly what you mean about how important and rewarding being amom is, we're so lucky to have the gospel perspective!!!!