Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I know, I know. Thanksgiving is not even here yet. We are going over to K.C.'s parents house in the afternoon and to my Mother's house in the evening on Thanksgiving. I am making a Sweet Potato Casserole and a Green Been Casserole. I am working on cooking better. It has been fun trying new recipes. It is no fun when the recipe turns out bad :(.

Kobi and I decorated the inside of our house on Sunday. (We will have to post pictures later.) We put the tree up and placed our small amount of Christmas decorations around the house. We played Christmas music and drank hot chocolate. K.C. was studying for an exam, and we had to put Xayla to bed first because she would have made a mess. When she woke up in the morning, she was so excited. She kept saying "Ooooo" and "light". I love the holiday season. Kobi and I are afraid to put anything in our front yard. I had a real cute Thanksgiving decoration that somehow came up missing. It is a decoration. Why steal? It's frustrating.

Kobi wants Santa to bring us a PS3. Only if he knew that Santa is broke this year. It is hard at this age because I love that he believes in Santa, but it's hard trying to explain that maybe Santa can't bring something. Every time I tell him, "We can not afford that." He says, "That's OK, I will ask Heavenly Father to tell Santa to bring it to us. You won't have to buy anything." I hope he is not disappointed this Christmas. I am just going to have to stress the true meaning of Christmas, and that it is not about gifts. That is how I am going to approach this situation.

I hope everyone fills their belly full and gives thanks to Heavenly Father for our MANY blessings! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Maybe I'll see you out shopping on Friday. :)