Monday, July 17, 2006

What's going on?

K.C. and I went to Rascal Flats last night. It was fun. I love going on dates. I will have to post pictures later. I am working tonight.

Kobi is Kobi. He says the funniest things. I was going through his closet yesterday because I was looking at what clothes he had that could be used for his school uniform. I found this hideous outfit my mother bought him a while ago. I will have to post the picture later. The outfit consists of green shorts and this green and white striped shirt. It is just ugly. Anyway, I told him, "We need to DI this (basically donate it)." He stated, "No Mom, we can't do that. I need to save it for a special occasion like...Prom." I just had to laugh. I just said "What do you know about prom?"
He also said the other day "Mom, we need to get a pool so that I never have to take a bath again."

Xayla is cute as ever. She still fights with her brother.

I tried to make a pie yesterday. It sounded so good. It was this strawberry pie. Well, I worked so hard in making it. There was a lot of "let it sit in the fridge for 3 hours". So, it took a long time to make. Well, I thought I was so smart and cool that I would save time by buying the pie crust instead of making it. I made the pie yesterday, and today I wanted to take it over to the in-laws, but I wanted to test it out first. I cut into the pie and thought something's strange? I realized I did not bake the pie crust first! I was supposed to bake the pie crust first. Then, put everything in it. Then, let it sit for hours in the fridge. Silly me. I will work on my cooking skills. I ended up baking a new pie crust, taking everything out of the old pie and putting it in the new one. It turned out pretty good. I just think the recipe calls for too much lime.

Nothing else really going on around here.

Found some cool quotes I thought I would post:
Bill Cosby : "Human beings are the only creatures that allow their children to come back home." :)

Elizabeth Stone "Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."

"There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child."

"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted."

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots; the other, wings."

"For nothing is fixed, forever and forever and forever, it is not fixed; the earth is always shifting, the light is always changing, the sea does not cease to grind down rock. Generations do not cease to be born, and we are responsible to them because we are the only witnesses they have. The sea rises, the light fails, lovers cling to each other, and children cling to us. The moment we cease to hold each other, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out."

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I went to Rascal Flatts too! I'll have to call you...

I love quotes too especially ones about kids. I'm using quotes more when I scrapbook now.