Monday, June 26, 2006

Life

What's been going on?
K.C.: same o same o. Just school. We don't get to spend that much time together again:(. It will pay off later. We are going to Blanding, Utah (small place) to visit some of K.C.'s family this weekend. We are also going to be on K.C.'s Grandmother's house boat at Lake Powell. It will be fun. I hope Xayla does not have a hard time sleeping.

Me: Nothing really new. Just hanging out with the kids this summer, and working some. I saw Michelle this weekend. That was a lot of fun. There were so many kids around because Michelle had her sisters over as well. Xayla and Kobi had a blast. We will have to get together more often. I like Michelle's sisters a lot. They remind me of when me and my sisters get together. I don't get to see them very often. They are very open and speak their mind. I like that. I also got to see a friend that I haven't seen in a long time at Michelle's, Stacia. That was fun.
I can't wait to actually be a stay-at-home Mother one day. It will happen. I just hate leaving the kids anywhere. Luckily I do not work very much now, and I can hold a job to be able to support my family. I should be grateful. OK I am. Now I will stop complaining :).

Kobi: More lessons in life to learn. We have been doing a weekly allowance. It has been cute. We are tithing 10%, saving 10%, and he can spend the rest or do what he chooses with the rest. He sets goals of what he wants to do (ex watch a movie) then he saves for it. So cute. Teaches him to "earn" things. Well, today we filled out the paper for tithing, we went to his piggybank to get the 10% out, and he started crying. He said "I don't have a lot of money. I am not going to give it all away to church." This is when we had to discuss the purpose of tithing again. We had talked about it in the past, but until he saw his money being taken out (a whole 70 cents), he didn't really understand. We are going to have a family home evening on tithing this week. He was fine at church. I love opportunities to try and teach my son to be a wonderful man. (Michelle, I made him pay tithing on your money too. The kids played waiter and waitresses at her house, so they worked hard for money. Kobi earned $1.85. He thought he was so rich! It is so funny the concept of money at 6 years old.) We are doing well on homework. He gets motivated if he knows we can play after.

Xayla: Just walking. Now she is trying to run. She is not really saying any words except "Oh Oh", but she babbles and points to everything. She loves to wiggle and dance ANY time music comes on.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you had fun Saturday night. I know it was a little hectic but it was nice to get together! I think Stacia and Clint are so cute together. Who knows...

If Kobi is having trouble understanding the concept of allowance/ tithing I will probably wait to start it for Avry. He was a good waiter. Very eager to please.